Ever since Glee took the world by storm in 2009, I can’t resist a good mashup. If you like two songs on their own, they’re even better together, right? Here’s my playlist of some of my favorite mashups on YouTube.
- “Survivor vs Satisfied” - Evie Rose Lane (Link)
I love Hamilton. I love Destiny’s Child. I love this mashup. The themes of the songs work together so perfectly, Angelica is definitely a Survivor.
- “Timber + Set Fire to the Rain” - Meghan Tonjes (Link)
My favorite kind of mashups are when two songs work together even though it seems like they shouldn’t. Meghan Tonjes takes Pitbull’s club dance song and Adele’s power ballad and puts them together for beautiful acoustic goodness.
- “Stevie Wonder Herbie Hancock” - Pomplamoose (Link)
A bit of a different take on a traditional mashup, Pomplamoose takes the words to Stevie Wonder’s “Superstition” and mixes it with the bass and drum grooves from Herbie Hancock’s “Chameleon”.
- “Can’t Stop Happiness” - Annie Elainey (Link)
Annie takes Kid Cudi’s “Pursuit of Happiness” and Miley Cyrus’s “We Cant Stop” and mixes in a little of Mary Lambert’s “She keeps Me Warm” in this mashup.
- “Ed Sheeran/Plain White Tee’s/KT Tunstall” - AnnaVsLife (Link)
he first completely instrumental mashup in the list is Anna’s mix of “The A Team” by Ed Sheeran, “Hey There Delilah” by The Plain White Tees” and “Otherside of the World” by KT Tunstall.
- “Bollywood Love Mashup” - Amika Shail (Link)
Amika does a beautiful mashup of some Bollywood love songs.
- “Love the way you lie/Tu jaane na Female” - Hina Fatima (Link)
In this bilingual mashup, Hina takes Rihanna’s “Love the way you lie” and mixes it with Pakistani singer Atif Aslam’s “Tu jaane na Female.”
- “Controlla/Too Good” - Hunnah Woodmeneh (Link)
Hunnah does a beautiful piano-accompanied mashup of two Drake songs.
- “Seventeen Mashup” - Amaranggani (Link)
She combines four songs by the South Korean group Seventeen. This is her first YouTube video so hopefully we’ll hear more from her soon!
“Flashlight/Halo” - MonaySisters (Link)
The Monay Sisters belt out this mashup of Jessie J’s “Flashlight” and Beyonce’s “Halo.”